So you love building your podcast, recording the episodes, and distributing them to the popular podcast platforms like iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud and Stitcher. Your episodes are going out every single week and people are joining in, rating your podcast 5 stars, and leaving comments. It’s great. You have a captive audience and you feel successful that your podcast will be one of the top podcasts on iTunes. However, you are getting to that point that ultimately everyone wants to accomplish: making money, earning revenue on advertisements, and finding some way of monetizing your podcast.
When Is It The Right Time To Start Monetizing Your Podcast?At some point, you will want to make money with your podcast. Every podcaster we talk to on our podcast network and our LinkedIn group wants to earn money and most of them do not see the point in moving on without some kind of financial success for their hard work. Remember that producing a podcast is not a quick task. You still have to decided the content of each episode including its title, keep your audience engaged with little retention and record it, edit it, and do some post production work. The average amount of time it takes to produce one podcast episode is anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on how professional you want your podcast episode to be. Being professional keeps your audience engaged, but also takes a lot of work and dedication. Eventually, without some kind of monetization, podcasters start to be burned out. The money and revenue keeps us going.
How Can Podcasters Easily Make Money With Their Podcasts?The most popular way of making money with your podcast is by playing 30 to 60 second-audio advertisements. Ads and paid memberships on the internet are still the #1 way to make money, but most podcasts are free, so getting paid to play commercials is the best way. You can easily find advertisers with audio commercials who are looking for an audience like your own. You can reach out to small and medium businesses who match your content and email them about your opportunity to their products or services in front of your audience. For example, a travel agency can advertise on podcasts that feature travel. You can also use a marketplace where advertisers can search for podcasts like your own and make yours available. Think of your podcast like a television series that plays episodes, just like a typical podcast. In between the middle and end of your episode, several commercials can play.
Use a marketplace like the new podcast commercial and sponsor exchange from the World Podcast NetworkIn January 2021, we are releasing a brand new podcast commercial exchange where podcasters can look for paid advertisers and sponsors. A new marketplace on our podcast network will allow businesses to upload audio commercials between 30 to 60 seconds, the typical amount for traditional television and radio commercials. Podcasters will have the opportunity to preview the audio commercial and decide if they want to play it on their shows for their audience. Advertisers will also be able to select the specific category of podcast in order to play their commercials. For example, a new medical service can have their audio commercials played on health podcasts.
A simple interface will be available for both podcasters and advertisersThe new interface will simply be a list of commercials in MP3 format on a regular web-based audio player. They will be organized by the following:
- number of seconds
- type of commercial such as plain voiceover or voiceover with music
- file format such as MP3, WAV, or OGG (all supported audio formats)
Applying For The CommercialWhen podcasters apply, they will need to be transparent with the advertiser so the advertiser can make an informed decision whether to accept or reject the podcast. Some of the information that the podcaster will enter will be:
- Web address to any of their platforms such as Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, BuzzSprout, Anchor.FM, etc
- Audience size
- A brief description of the podcast
What is an OGG File and Is It Suitable For PodcastsBy the way, an OGG format is a high quality sound file with clean streaming easily for streaming.
How Much Can Podcasters Be Paid To Play Audio Commercials On Their Shows?The new commercial marketplace on the World Podcast Network will have limited inventory for each commercial to be played and each commercial will pay between $5 to $10 USD for each commercial play. Advertisers will pay for a specific number of spots and those spots will be inventory for podcasters to apply for their shows to play the commercials. For example, if the advertiser purchases 10 spots, then up to 10 podcasters can apply to play those commercials. Podcasts that are of Professional level will be paid $15 to $20 USD per commercial. There will be no limit to the number of commercials that podcasters can play, but each commercial can only be applied for once per podcast. Once the advertisement has been played, the podcaster can re-apply for a second one.
How Important Is Audience Retention On A Podcast In Order For A Podcaster To Succeed?Very important. We cannot stress this enough. Audience retention affects your ratings on platforms like Apple Podcasts (iTunes). Potential advertisers can see your ratings and may decide whether or not to advertise with you and accept your applications based on the 1 to 5 star ratings. A well-produced podcast will result in higher audience retention and ratings. Audiences need to stay engaged every second of the podcast episode. It only takes a second for an audience member to drop off because of music that may be too loud, the hosts or guest being hard to hear, or boring out of date content.
How Do You Keep A Podcast Audience Engaged?We always found that in order to keep audiences engaged, hosts need to speak to the audience and not just to themselves of their guests. Ask the audience questions and to answer them in the comments. Present a special piece of content that would be available only to your subscribers. Talk about their fears and concerns and show them that your podcast is only a place to listen, but also a community where people can find answers. Your podcast episode titles can ask questions and some of those questions may end up being featured snippets on Google where your non-audience members can search for answers to your questions. It only takes one great episode to hook the audience to become your audience.
In ConclusionAt the World Podcast Network, we understand that podcasters want to make money for their hard work on their podcasts. This is a new era in podcasting that we are helping to accomplish on our own podcast network. Our job is to help you podcast grow and find the right audience, because once you have the right audience, everything else false into place from becoming a famous podcast and of course monetizing it.
Sign Up Your Podcast Today on the World Podcast Network and Start Growing Your Audience Immediately.
Listen to our podcast on podcasting success!
- Podcast Guest Steve Guttman And The Podsafe Music Of Zaneta Z
- Podcaster Journey With Rapper And Podcaster Pryme Minister
- S3 E11: Dissecting Cast Magic's Output With Guest Greg Wasserman
- S3 E10 Successful Podcasters: Reena Friedman Watts Of The Better Call Daddy Podcast
- S3 E9 Why Podcasters Need Canva For Podcast Marketing
- S3 E8 How Does AI Define Podcasting And What Equipment Does AI Think You Need To Podcast?
- S3 E7 - Why Your Podcast Is Not Growing Fast Enough
- S3E6 - Podsafe Music 4th Of July With Shari
- S3 E5 - Does Your Podcast Need A Script?
- S3 E4 - Is SoundCloud Really A Good Platform For Podcasts? Should You Be On It?
- S3 E3 - How To Make Good Money Playing Podsafe Music On Your Podcast
- S3 E2 - Jay Fairbrother - Mastermind Groups For Podcasters Featuring The Music Of Lian Gold
- Why Are There So Many Podcasters Today? The Competition Out There And How To Survive. | S3 E1
- Meet Podcast Guest JoshPele Magic - Available Now As A Guest For All Podcasts | S2 E29
- Season 2 Bloopers, Funny Moments, & Inspiration Moments In 2022 With Co-Hosts And Guests
- What Are YOUR 2023 Goals For Your Podcast? Here Are Mine... | S2 E28
- The Reasons Your Podcast Needs A Holiday Episode | S2E27
- S2 E26 - Dave Jackson From The School Of Podcasting Tells What A Good Podcast Is
- S2E25 - Quora Marketing Basics For Your Podcast
- S2E24 - 7 Reasons Why There Are So Many Podcasters And How To Compete
- S2E23 - Secrets To Getting More Podcast Downloads
- S2E21 - 10 Ways To Make Your Podcast Episodes More Exciting For Your Audience
- S2E20 - Response To 2018 Episode On Podcast Network On School Of Podcasting
- S2 E19 I Listened To 1000 Podcast Episodes (Part 2) Here Is What The Most Successful Ones Do.
- S2 E18 - What Inspired YOU To Become A Podcaster?
- S2E17 - 7 Cool Ways To Make Your Audience Come Back Every Episode
- S2E16 - 3 Surprising Ways A Blog Will Grow Your Audience FAST!
- S2E15 - Simple 3-Part Marketing Strategy For Any Podcast
- S2E14 - Take Your Audience Along On The Date
- S2E13 Is Your Podcast More Successful With Seasons, Or NO Seasons?
- S2E12 - The Fastest Way To LAUNCH Your Podcast
- S2E11 - The FASTEST Way To Edit Your Podcast
- S2E10 -How To Get High Google Rankings For Your Podcast
- S2E9 - Would Elon Musk Invest In YOUR Podcast?
- S2E8 - The Most Sought Out Podcast Categories Summer 2022
- S2E7 - How To Improve Your Podcast By Listening To Others
- S2E5 - Fresh Music Series With Hugh Macdonald & Holland Nelson And Melo Mafioso
- S2E4 - Fastest Way To Make Money Summer 2022
- S2 E3 - Monthly Podsafe Music Show For Your Podcast - 5 Songs From Singer/Songwriter Doug Cash
- S2 E2 - Monthly Podsafe Music Show With Doug Cash, Winchester 7, And Bruce Chamoff
- S2E1 - Monthly Music Show With Winchester 7 And The Runners
- EP51 - The Right Way To List Your Podcast Guests
- EP50 - Running Out Of Episode Ideas? How To Brainstorm Fast!
- EP49 - How To Become An Influencer Through Your Podcast
- EP48 - Vik Rajan Of PhoneBlogger.net And Https://videosocials.net/
- E47: Rob Intellisano Of The Amazon Hit Gravesend
- EP46 - How To Build A Podcast Community With Adrian Miller
- EP45 - Easy & Fun Podcast Editing Tips W/Professional Podcast Editor Merrill Loechner
- EP44 - Marketing Your Show On LinkedIn With Marc Halpert
- EP43 - Benefits Of A Podcast Network With Guest Rich Butler
- E42 - What Makes You Successful With Guest Tim B
- EP41 - The Best Instagram Hashtags For Podcasts
- E40 - More Benefits Of Podcasters Blogging W/ The Delaware Blogger Guest Antionette Blake
- EP39 - Why Podcasters Need A Mobile App With Guest John Lee
- E38 What Makes YOUR Podcast Successful With Guest Frank Sasso
- E37 - Facebook/Instagram Down? What Affected Podcasters Can Do.
- E36 - How To Make Single-Host Podcasts Work
- E34 Q&A With Professor Pete Alexander: My Audience Has Dropped! Now What?
- E33: Upcoming Episodes For September And October 2021
- E32 Blogging For Podcasters - The Process
- E31 Why Blogs Make Your Podcast MORE Successful
- E30 The POWER Of Your Podcast's RSS Feed (Video)
- E29 - Subscribe To Your Podcast Competition?
- E28 PodcasterLinks.com And MediaGirlNetwork.com
- E27 Successfully Podcasting With Your Smart Phone
- Daily Podcast Success Update For 9/2/2021
- E26 Best Time To Monetize Your Podcast
- E25 Can You Podcast From The Airport? From Las Vegas...
- E24 Treat Your Podcast Like A Lobster Roll
- E22 Do Guests Really Enhance Your Show?
- Daily Success Update:Education Podcasts Wed, Aug 11, 2021
- E21 Connecting With Your Podcast Audience To Grow Faster
- Daily Success Briefing Fri, Aug 8, 2021
- E20 Search Engine Optimization Strategies For Your Podcast
- E19 Podcasting During The Delta Variant Of Covid19
- E17 How To Beat The Competition On Apple Podcasts
- E16 Rapid Podcast Editing & Avoiding Pod Fade
- E14 Dual Podcast With Guest Podcaster Antionette Blake Part 2
- E13 Dual Podcast With Guest Podcaster Antionette Blake Part 1
- E12 How To Get More Engagement For Your Podcast Episodes With Guest Interviews
- E11 My Special Guests: Jeff And Jim Wood Of SwimAble
- E10 Surprise Visit To Philadelphia And Atlantic City
- E9: Special Guest Dominique Carson Journalist & Certified Massage Therapist
- E8: 8 Fun Audacity Effects For Podcasters
- PodKnow 2021 Online Podcasting Event With Conference Speaker: Merrill Loechner
- E5: I Listened To Over 1,000 Podcast Episodes And Here Is What I Found The Best Ones Do.
- E4 - Buzzsprout Was Down On Sunday, Feb 21, 2021. What That Means For YOUR Podcast. My Reaction...
- E3: Five Things To Do Right Now To Grow Your Podcast Audience Fast.
- E2 - Should Podcasts Have Beautifully Produced Introductions With Voiceover And Background Music (and What Your Audience Thinks Of It)
- E1 - Become A Successful Podcaster - Keep Listeners On Your Podcast Episodes Longer
- Become A Successful Podcaster With Bruce Chamoff - Audience Growth, Monetization, Marketing & More! (Trailer)